Sunday 20 July 2008

Feet dialogues

My feet hurt. They feel betrayed. You see, everyone, from ordinary people to creative important poets have celebrated the greatness of braking one’s routine and doing joyful active things that give meaning to life. So I did. But my feet did not feel the glorious touch of novelty and fun. My feet did not share that belief.

They long for their routine. The monotonous repetition of well-known steps, expected needs, and comfortable rest.
My feet think that whoever does not value routine is a fool. No.. I did not stress that enough. Not only a fool… a delusional fool. A hyperactive idiot in self-denial… after eating a huge amount of sugar.

So my feet say to each other at night. They keep talking about me especially when they can’t sleep after a strenuous day I have put them through just for the sake of new experiences or having fun. I am sure they hate me.

Routine and repetition. Keystone of feet-happiness.

The Nomad is so confused. The mind jumps out of the couch every time a new opportunity of exploration/seeing old friends/braking the weekly routine comes to play. But the body is reluctant to materialize that jump, to dress it with flesh and bones and teeth and whatever else should be included make a human being. And the feet, especially the feet, go on strike.

So the Nomad is in constant conflict of interest… within.

No comments: